24 January 2009

Playing Virtual Tag

All kids like to play tag. They run and chase and laugh, taking turns of who is it. Here in the virtual blog world, a game similar to it exists. Someone comes up with a list of questions and then goes to a friend's blog and "tags" them. To become un-it, the blog author has to answer the questions and then "tag" someone else.

Though this blog is linked to other individual's blogs, the author has never been "tagged".

Tagging seems to be a singular honor that is not reserved for those of us this side of The Blunt Edge. We have survived thus far without it, and likely will in the future as well. That being said, don't anyone take it upon yourself to "tag" The Blunt Edge, or we shall be forced to take drastic measures... like ignoring the request to divulge trivial information about ourselves to all the virtual data voyeurs out there.

In fact, it is kind of an honor that The Blunt Edge hasn't been tagged. Kind of like proudly being able to say that you never stepped foot in or near the Star Palace or any of the other dance clubs who cater / catered to the college crowd in Provo, Utah, in all the years you were a college student there.

It is sometimes amusing to see the rounds these little games of tag make. But more often than not, one such as myself sees the "Tag" post on another person's blog and ends up losing interest within about three of the "revelatory" answers. I mean -- come on -- if a person isn't gonna be telling a deep dark secret, what is the point?

We don't want to hear the most embarrassing moment of your life was when one of your children had a blowout and the toxic waste dripped all over your rich relation's new silk blouse... what is necessary is the detailed plans for the death ray you're building in the garage!

We need to know that you are some sort of mild mannered gopher at a fictional newspaper by day and a flying, caped super hero when not on the clock... not that your favorite TV show is the epsiode of "24" where House makes a call on Jack Bauer and they end up getting Lost or "The Welcome Back Kotter 90210 Christmas Special".

So, when a cousin of mine announced to the world on Facebook that she had answered a "Tag" there, I felt it would be interesting to see how I would answer the questions she was tagged with. Be aware, this is only hypothetical, because I wasn't tagged, and neither was this blog.

Enjoy.



1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Well, duh! Like after everyone else in the history of the Earth who was named before me...

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Sorry, that didn't make it into my Franklin Planner.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I can read it, can't you?

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Track is always good, but so is wrestling. I can't say I've ever heard of holding one at lunch though.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? I am not fortunate enough to own juvenile goats... or adult goats for that matter.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I'm already my own best friend. If I were another person, that would mean I have to borrow, purchase, or otherwise steal someone else's identity, and well frankly, no one else quite measures up to my greatness. Besides that being quite illegal, it would end up being a step down in friendship with me...

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Only on the second Thursdays of each week.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Well, if that is your way of asking if you can have them, the answer is "No, you can't!"

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Have your people call my people and maybe we'll find some time to do lunch sometime... like on the second Thursday of some week...

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Not wishing to offend any of the cereal manufacturers or various grain farmers councils, I judiciously plead Beethoven's Fifth.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? You watched a little too much Mr. Rogers growing up, didn't you?

12. (no question) Hey! Guess what! There was no question 12, so I guess this is a freebie answer!

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? See the cereal question answer. Yes, I answer to the same authorities when it comes to the frozen dairy delight.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Aside from their status of being alive or dead, probably the fact they are people and not animals... or plants... or minerals...

15. RED OR PINK? Red or pink what?

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? That unlike in Weird Al's song "Fat", I don't have my own zip code.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Dang it! Did I misplace cousin Earl again?

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? Only if it creates a new crisis Al Gore can capitalize on. That way, I could make money selling Bit-credits.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Now that is assuming a lot... who is to say I'm not bare foot and wearing a kilt?

20. (no question) Woo Hoo! Another free answer!

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The windmills in my mind as they turn the grindstones that are processing this question.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? What was the question again? I was still surveying the windmills in my mind...

23. FAVORITE SMELLS? I don't think I've ever met Favorite, so I can't say whether or not he/she/it smells...

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The person immediately before the next person I will talk to on the phone, and the person just after to whom was previously spoken to on the phone.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? No one sent this to me, so I'd have to say that I'm definitely undecided about whether I am in like with that person or not. Besides, I'm already taken, so "going with them" is out of the question.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Okay, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, but most informed people can see this is only a thinly vieled attempt to subvert my pleading Beethoven's Fifth on question #10.

27. HAIR COLOR? No, it is natural.

28. EYE COLOR? Are you telling me people actually dye their eyes? That is just sick...

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? If your eyesite is so good, you tell me!

30. FAVORITE FOOD? Listen, this is now the fourth time I have to remind you about my duty to the cereal manufacturers and grain farmers associations. I can't answer this without getting in legal trouble that could result in the end of the world as we now know it.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Can't we all just get along? I mean, what ever happened to the golden age of mediocre plots with deus ex machina endings?

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The one where this thing happened and someone was doing that thing and then it all ended.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Again with the assumptions! I could be wearing chain mail for all you know!

34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Both families of squash are tasty and should be used in and out of season...

35. HUGS OR KISSES? Please sir, not in front of the Klingons...

36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Look... if you ask another question like this, I'm going to have to get a restraining order so that I can protect my interests in the food chain...

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Those who are questioned... Those who know the answer... Those who like to talk... Those who don't do well under interrogation...

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Those who aren't questioned... Those who don't know the answer... Those who don't like to talk... Those who do well under interrogation...

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I was just reading the question. Now I'm writing the response. There is no such thing as true multi-tasking. Get real!

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Call the exterminator, Mabel! The mice have a flat somewhere in the house!

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I don't recall there being anything set on top of the TV last night. Oh wait, I guess I did see the cable box on top of the set in the bedroom.

42. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? Restraining orders don't work with you, do they, Bubba? So, I've got one thing to ask... you feel lucky punk?

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Actually, coprolites and dung beetles do have something in common.

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Whose home?

45. DO YOU HAVE SPECIAL TALENTS? Now what, pray tell, is a special talent?

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? I can only go on what I've been told. I was too young for it to have made a great impression on my memory. Either that or it was so traumatic that the memory is repressed.

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? In the spirit of transparent unity, I forecast a great synergy and change out of actualizing the forecasted results from all sources utilizing their full production reporting capacity.

48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER? While my talking pet donkey distracted a dragon, I grabbed her and threw her over my onion-boy shoulder.

8 comments:

~pollyanna said...

48... are you kidding me??? WOW...

I laughed, but admit I was skimming there at the end... [lol]

Matthias said...

I take it you filled this survey out on one of those rare second Thursdays? Quite a more entertaining read than other "tag" fill-ins that I've read!

Mellocat said...

Polly, I'm not kidding and don't call me Shirley...

Oh wait, you didn't call me Shirley, so I guess there is no need to ask if you've ever been in a Turkish prison.

But, please do note that this was the abbreviated form -- the 1040EZ Tag, as it were. There were two questions that had no questions -- just answers.

Mellocat said...

Matthias,

Surely you must be kidding?!

I have far better things to do on the second Thursdays of any given week, like deciding what I would do if I had a million dollars.

The Duke of Stratford said...

I say Tamales. That's my answer.

Mellocat said...

Would you like fries with that?

Beefche said...

Very funny, catman. But those were a lot of questions....I don't know if I want to know that much about anyone.

However, I will disagree with you about #1--there are many people named after odd things--Apple, Blue Moon, Takwanda, etc.

Mellocat said...

You are correct that many individuals are given odd names, our dear Friend of Bulgarian Bovines... For example, my own offspring units have from time to time been dubbed some most unusual titles and appellations by the parental units.

But the key in realizing and internalizing the whole cosmic karma (whoa, dude!) of question #1 is not to be found in the what or whom one was named in honor of, but the when one was named... hence the after. :D